PAVEMENTS AND SURFACINGS FOR HIGHWAYS AND AIRPORTS
This book introduces the basic principles which must be known in dealing with pavements, and presents the theories and methods of pavement design. There are four parts, the first of which covers pavement types, loads, climate effects, subbases and stabilized soils. The second part deals with the methods of design and construction of flexible pavements for highways and airports, and how to analyze their costs. Part three is devoted to a similar discussion of modern and conventional rigid pavements of different types. Part four explains the methods of pavement rehabilitation, the design of overlays and pavement systems analysis. Design charts are included in the various chapters, along with carefully selected and solved examples to illustrate the procedures and methods of design. The book is written for professionals and researchers as well as people familiar with basic engineering courses.
John Wiley & Sons, Incorporated111 River Street
Hoboken, NJ United States 07030-6000
- Sargious, M
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 619 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Costs; Design; Design methods; Driver rehabilitation; Flexible pavements; Highways; Overlays (Pavements); Pavement design; Rigid pavements; Stability (Mechanics); Subbase (Pavements); Subgrade (Pavements)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Rehabilitation; Subbase
- Old TRIS Terms: Design information; Refusal
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Design; Finance; Highways; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00128249
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Mar 10 1976 12:00AM