PORTS, WATERWAYS, INTERMODAL TERMINALS, AND INTERNATIONAL TRADE TRANSPORTATION ISSUES. PROCEEDINGS OF THE 13TH ANNUAL SUMMER CONFERENCE, JULY 19-22, 1988, SEATTLE, WASHINGTON
The Transportation Research Board Committee on Ports and Waterways and the Committee on Inland Water Transportation have held joint summer conferences for the past thirteen years. For the second consecutive year, these committees were joined by the Committee on Intermodal Freight Transportation, Committee on Intermodal Freight Terminal Design, and Committee on International Trade and Transportation. Also, for the fourth year, the confernece was co-sponsored by the AASHTO Standing Committee on Water Transportation. This expanded 13th edition of the summer conference was held July 19-22, 1988, in Seattle, Washington. The conference attracted 105 participants to hear 21 speakers in five conference sessions and 2 luncheon speakers. The session topics included: Responses by Pacific Northwest ports to changing trade and shipping patterns; intermodal terminal operations in a new age of information and control; paving developments in intermodal terminals; new developments in international trade and shipping; and planning, operations and the future of the inland waterway system. Individual entries appear in the TRIS data base for the papers and luncheon presentations.
- Record URL:
- Find a library where document is available. Order URL: http://worldcat.org/issn/00978515
- Distribution, posting, or copying of this PDF is strictly prohibited without written permission of the Transportation Research Board of the National Academy of Sciences. Unless otherwise indicated, all materials in this PDF are copyrighted by the National Academy of Sciences. Copyright © National Academy of Sciences. All rights reserved.
Washington, DC United States 20001
- Publication Date: 1989-5
- Media Type: Digital/other
- Features: Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 72 p.
- Transportation Research Circular
- Issue Number: 350
- Publisher: Transportation Research Board
- ISSN: 0097-8515
- TRT Terms: Commodities; Competition; Economics; Intermodal facilities; Intermodal yards; Navigation; Operations; Pavement design; Planning; Ports; Railroad transportation; Shipping; Trade; Water transportation; Waterways
- Uncontrolled Terms: Operational analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Waterways (Transportation)
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Economics; Finance; Highways; Marine Transportation; Pavements; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Society; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00485234
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS, TRB, ATRI
- Created Date: Jul 31 1989 12:00AM