MARITIME LOOP IRRADIATION PROGRAM FOR SAVANNAH 1 FUEL--PRE-IRRADIATION AND EXAMINATION OF NMSR-GETR TEST FUEL ASSEMBLIES 1 & 2
Two Savannah Core 1 test fuel assemblies, each containing nine fuel rods of a 3 x 3 rod array in a square configuration, were given pre-irradiation examinations. The fuel assemblies were proof-tested in the boiling water loop of a test reactor within defined loop parameters and irradiation conditions to approximate the N.S. Savannah reactor operations. Dimensional measurements of both fuel assemblies were performed for comparison with the five interim pool examinations, and the final post-irradiation examination.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3604.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Mathay, P W
- Publication Date: 1961-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 37 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Test evaluation
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026340
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3604
- Contract Numbers: AT-(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM