INSTRUMENTATION OF M/V ROGER BLOUGH, 1973-1974 SEASON
This report presents data acquired during the first season of operations aboard the M/V Roger Blough. The Blough was instrumented for bending stress measurements at three deck locations in November, 1973 and data were recorded through January 30, 1974. The results of this first season showed a maximum peak-to-trough stress of 16,350 psi, of 200 half hour data intervals recorded, only 4 had stresses exceeding 10,000 psi. The springing period was determined to be about 2.4 seconds. A summary of these results also appears in the second season report.
- See also report dated June 1974 "Second Season". COM-75-11130/2; PC $5.25.
Teledyne Materials Research303 Bear Hill Road
Waltham, MA United States 02154
- Wheaton, J W
- Publication Date: 1974-6-30
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Bending; Bending stress; Hulls; Instrumentation; Stresses; Structural analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Hull instrumentation; Hull stress
- Subject Areas: Design; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: E-1738(a) Final Rpt., MA-RD-940-76-06
- Contract Numbers: MA-5-38009
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1975 12:00AM