NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 4A. SIGNALING AND COMMUNICATIONS
The report includes description of the present signal systems, recommendations and description of the changes required to support high-speed passenger service, and corresponding cost estimates for the Northeast Corridor (Washington, D.C. to Boston, Massachusetts). Recommendations and descriptions cover the areas of proposed signal systems, track circuit requirements, impedance bonds, hazard protection devices, control systems, communications systems, training devices, installation schedule, and estimates of costs to procure and install such systems. Typical construction and installation specifications are included as an appendix.
- See also report dated Apr 75, PB-243 419.
Bechtel Corporation15740 Shady Grove Road
Gaithersburg, MD USA 20760
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Williams, J
- PIPAS, G
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 110 p.
- TRT Terms: Communication systems; Control devices; Control systems; Cost estimating; Costs; Electric circuits; Estimates; Estimating; Fail safe systems; High speed rail; Installation; Passenger transportation; Planning; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Safety; Specifications; Track circuits; Traffic signal control systems
- Geographic Terms: Massachusetts; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Circuits; Impedance bonds; Operating strategies; Rapid transit railways; Signal systems
- Subject Areas: Finance; Maintenance and Preservation; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00093378
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/4A
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM