UNIFORM TIRE QUALITY GRADING-TREADWEAR (CITY TEST)
The development of a practical means of establishing relative passenger tire treadwear rates has been the basis of an ongoing study. The data from specific tests are used to grade tires in respect to treadwear in response to the criteria set forth by the National Traffic and Motor Vehicle Safety Act of 1966. Several efforts are being made to provide expeditious and practical, yet accurate, procedures by imposition of closely controlled and regulated wear-type maneuvers over a pre-selected test course. In the interest of universal application, this study provides for the design of such a course on readily available public thoroughfares.
- See also PB-244 512.
Southwest Research Institute6220 Culebra Road, P.O. Drawer 28510
San Antonio, TX USA 78228-0510
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Pierce, R N
- Davis, K B
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 65 p.
- TRT Terms: Bias (Statistics); Durability; Durability tests; Grading (Earthwork); Manual safety belts; Programming (Planning); Recommendations; Road tests; Routes; Service life; Testing; Tire treads; Tires; Validity; Wear
- Uncontrolled Terms: Grading
- Old TRIS Terms: Belts
- Subject Areas: Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093371
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-735
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-5-01070
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM