PRELIMINARY REPORT ON A FORTRAN IV COMPUTER PROGRAM FOR THE TWO-DIMENSIONAL DYNAMIC BEHAVIOR OF GENERAL OCEAN CABLE SYSTEMS
The present report describes program CABUOY, which analyzes in some detail the two-dimensional dynamic behavior of general ocean cable systems consisting of a surface buoy, connecting cable, and intermediate bodies. The report briefly presents the calculations which are carried out in the program, gives computer time requirements for several cable cases, and outlines some relatively small additional areas of work. Detailed input instructions are given in the Appendix.
David Taylor Naval Ship R&D CenterShip Performance Department
Bethesda, MD USA 20084
- Wang, H T
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Buoys; Cables; Dynamics; Hydrodynamics; Mooring; Moorings
- Old TRIS Terms: Buoy hydrodynamics; Cable dynamics
- Subject Areas: Hydraulics and Hydrology; Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00128210
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: SPD-633-01
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM