NS SAVANNAH MECHANISM DESIGN ACCEPTANCE TEST ANALYSIS
Performance characteristics of the N.S. Savannah control rod drive mechanism are evaluated. The results of tests performed in determining these characteristics are described, including graphs, data sheets, and photographs. Appendices contain detailed specifications for: (1) a test program to establish the ability of the control rod drive system to operate properly in all respects during its duty cycle, and to determine the system operating limits, and other engineering necessary for evaluation of this system; (2) a test to measure the temperature at designated positions, under different conditions; and (3) a test program to establish the ability of the control rod drive system to meet specified requirements.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-W-01-U-101.
Borg-Warner CorporationMarvel-Schebler Products Division
Decatur, IL USA
- Koksal, T
- Publication Date: 1961-6-21
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 99 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor components; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Control rod mechanisms; Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026334
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: 01-U-101
- Contract Numbers: AT(301-1)-2478
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1974 12:00AM