SPECIFICATION FOR INSTALLATION AND TEST OF SAVANNAH CONTROL ROD DRIVE SYSTEM
Installation procedures are given for the Marvel-Schebler Control Rod Drive System, consisting of 21 control drive mechanisms with electrical control and power supply. Mechanism components are divided into two groups to satisfy installation requirements for the different types of reactor heads. Specific mechanism assembly sequences permit maximum work space and accessibility, and special tools facilitate mechanism installation. A prototype electrical control and power console is provided for individual mechanism testing upon completion of installation.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number AEC Specif. I-325.
Borg-Warner CorporationMarvel-Schebler Products Division
Decatur, IL USA
- Cowell, H
- Publication Date: 1961-6-26
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026333
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: I-325
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2478
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Jan 26 1974 12:00AM