NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 11S. IMPROVEMENT PLAN FOR PHYSICAL PLANTS WITH ESTIMATED COSTS. VOLUME II
The two-volume report describes the physical plant necessary to meet trip time goals and permit high speed train operations in the section of the Northeast Corridor between Washington, D. C. and New Haven, Connecticut. The cost of the physical improvements are estimated and an implementation schedule is presented in Volume I. Facilities include track, bridges, tunnels, signals, communications, electrification and other items. Volume 2 includes track charts and aerial photographs of major curve realignments and interline connections on the Northeast Corridor, and a graphical representation of simulated train performance.
- See also PB-244 873.
Bechtel Corporation15740 Shady Grove Road
Gaithersburg, MD United States 20760
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Sutcliff, H
- Bailey, W
- Biss, D J
- Irvin, L A
- Livingston, F M
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Pagination: 135 p.
- TRT Terms: Bridges; High speed rail; Intercity transportation; Maintenance of way; Passenger trains; Passenger transportation; Planning; Quality control; Railroad electrification; Railroad tracks; Rapid transit; Reconstruction; Telecommunications; Traffic signal control systems; Tunnels
- Geographic Terms: Connecticut; Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States; Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Rapid transit railways; Signal systems; Track quality
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Bridges and other structures; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00093350
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA-ONECD-75-11S
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM