THE NORTHEAST AND MIDWEST RAIL CRISIS. A BIBLIOGRAPHY OF CURRENT LITERATURE
This bibliography was developed as part of a rail abandonment grant project sponsored by the Economic Development Administration and the Council of State Governments. It is intended to insure that States embroiled in current rail difficulties may plan and implement appropriate policy by having a source of information on the crisis and the reactions of government agencies and private research and industry organizations to the problems. About 80% of the citations are from 1971-1975 and the primary thrust is at governmental policy and planning for railroads. Reports cited are generally available from a publishing agency; where documents contain confidential or proprietary information they may be provided only to state level planners.
- This bibliography was developed under a grant from the Economic Development Administration, Project No. 99-6-09383.
Council of State GovernmentsIron Works Pike
Lexington, KY United States 40505
- Balck, W R
- Runke, J F
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Bankruptcy; Bibliographies; Branch lines; Governments; Planning; Policy; Short line railroads; State departments of transportation; Subsidies
- Geographic Terms: Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Government planning; Government policies; Regional rail reorganization act; Short line
- Subject Areas: Finance; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00128183
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1975 12:00AM