URBAN RAPID RAIL VEHICLE AND SYSTEMS PROGRAM
The report reviews the third year's efforts of the Urban Mass Transportation Administration's Urban Rapid Rail Vehicle and Systems Program. The objective of the Program is to enhance the attractiveness of rail rapid transit to the urban traveler by providing him with transit vehicles that are as comfortable, reliable, safe and economical as possible. Accomplishments for the year ending June 1974 included the following: Completion of the review of BART data; completion of the SOAC test and simulated demonstration programs at the High Speed Ground Test Center, Pueblo, Colorado after repairing the damage to the SOAC cars resulting from a collision with a standing car on August 11, 1973; completion of SOAC demonstration runs on the NYCTA lines.
- See also PB-224 141.
Boeing Vertol CompanySurface Transportation Systems Department, P.O. Box 16858
Philadelphia, PA United States 19142
Urban Mass Transportation Administration400 7th Street, SW
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1974-7
- Pagination: 125 p.
- TRT Terms: Automatic control; Braking; Braking performance; Commuter cars; Design; Light rail vehicles; Passenger cars; Passenger comfort; Passengers; Railroad cars; Rapid transit; Rapid transit cars; Reliability; Research; Ride quality; Tests; Transportation safety; Urban transportation; Vehicle design
- Identifier Terms: San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District; State of the Art Car (Rapid transit car)
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Passenger safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Automatic control systems; Passenger car design; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Design; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093346
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: D174-10033-1 Ann. Rpt., UMTA-IT-06-0026-74-13
- Contract Numbers: DOT-UT-10007
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1981 12:00AM