RADAR ENHANCEMENT OF SMALL AIRCRAFT IN THE AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL (ATC) SYSTEM
An investigation was undertaken to develop and determine the practicality of small aircraft radar enhancement devices. This report discusses the detection capability of present radars as well as an analysis and evaluation of passive radar enhancement devices and active radar enhancement devices. The report concludes that passive enhancement devices are not practical and that active enhancement devices are too costly when compared to the existing Air Traffic Control Radar Beacon System (ATCRBS) transponders.
- Turnbull, D H
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 425 p.
- TRT Terms: Air traffic control; Aircraft; Passive restraint systems; Performance; Radar; Radar cross section; Radar reflection; Transponders
- Old TRIS Terms: Active systems; Passive systems; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Operations and Traffic Management; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093341
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-RD-75-98 Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM