THE MARKET FOR LARGE BULK CARRIERS (OVER 50,000 DWT) A REVIEW OF TRENDS IN SUPPLY/DEMAND
Over two-thirds of world iron ore trade is shipped in large bulk vessels over 50,000 DWT (including combined carriers) and as the availability of such vessels increases, the proportion will continue to rise in this, and other major commodity trades. The present survey reviews the trading prospects for large bulk carriers, identifying their present and future role in the dry bulk market. It also provides a complete assessment of the problems - and cost - of building, operating and employing the bigger bulk carriers, including the availability of combined tonnage for dry bulk trading.
Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) LimitedDry Cargo Division, 1-4 Argyle Street
London w1V 1AD, England
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 140 p.
- TRT Terms: Bulk carriers; Chartering; Dry bulk carriers; Market surveys; Trade; Trend (Statistics)
- Old TRIS Terms: Market studies
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00128176
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Drewry (HP) (Shipping Consultants) Limited
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1975 12:00AM