DATA REDUCTION OF AIRBORNE SENSOR RECORDS
The capabilities of four remote sensors - panoramic camera, thermal infrared scanner, laser profiler and side-looking airborne radar - were examined to determine level of ice detail of code, individually and in combination. Textual descriptions of each sensor's ability to detect sea and fast ice conditions and phenomena are presented, along with photographic examples of ice types depicted on each sensor's record. Color illustrations reproduced in black and white.
- Report on Data Reduction of Sea Ice Records.
Raytheon CompanyAutometric Operation
Arlington, VA USA
United States Coast GuardOffice of Research and Development, 400 7th Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Bradie, R A
- Bay, A
- Biache, A
- MANN, C
- Peppard, C
- Publication Date: 1970-7
- Pagination: 210 p.
- TRT Terms: Data processing; Detectors; Image processing; Infrared detectors; Lasers; Photographs; Photography; Remote sensing; Sea ice; Side looking radar
- Geographic Terms: Arctic Regions
- Old TRIS Terms: Panoramic cameras
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology;
- Accession Number: 00093339
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FR-1385 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-CG-01800-A
- Files: NTIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM