NORTHEAST CORRIDOR HIGH SPEED RAIL PASSENGER SERVICE IMPROVEMENT PROJECT. TASK 4. SCENARIO DEVELOPMENT AND SYSTEM SIMULATION
The report covers, in brief, the preliminary work performed in identification, development, and evaluation of 14 alternative scenarios to handle estimated high potential demand for rail services in the Northeast Corridor in 1990. Additionally, the report outlines the approach and methodology, the assumptions and constraints, and the findings resulting from the LOGSIM simulation of Scenario 13, at the estimated high potential demand for 1990. Changes in track configuration and interline connections for 1990 operations are identified.
- See also PB-243 419.
Bechtel IncorporatedGaithersburg, MD USA
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Gillespie, C W
- Arnlund, R
- McGinnis, M
- Buchan, A
- Clausing, E
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 324 p.
- TRT Terms: Commuter service; Estimates; Forecasting; High speed rail; Level of service; Mathematical models; Operations research; Passenger transportation; Passengers; Planning; Railroad signals; Railroad tracks; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Rapid transit; Routes; Scheduling; Simulation; Systems analysis; Systems engineering; Training simulators; Travel demand
- Uncontrolled Terms: Services
- Geographic Terms: Northeast Corridor; Northeastern United States
- Old TRIS Terms: Operating strategies; Rapid transit railways
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Passenger Transportation; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00093288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt., FRA/ONECD-75/4
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FR-40027
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM