SLANT VISUAL RANGE/APPROACH LIGHT CONTACT HEIGHT MEASUREMENT TECHNIQUE WITH DATA CONVERTER AND REMOTE READOUT PANEL
This Engineering Requirement (ER) specifies the work required for the development of a slant visual range/approach light contact height measurement technique utilizing currently available instrumentation (either a development (engineering) model or an in-service model). The technique and equipment supplied as a result of these efforts will permit advising a pilot approaching an airport under conditions of poor visibility at what altitude the pilot may expect contact with the approach lights and what segment of approach lights will be visible to him at a decision of height of 100 feet.
Federal Aviation Administration800 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, DC USA 20591
- Publication Date: 1973-10-26
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Airport runways; Airports; Altitude; Approach; Automation; Electronic equipment; Information systems; Instrument landing systems; Lighting equipment; Quality assurance; Specifications; Visibility
- Uncontrolled Terms: Requirement
- Old TRIS Terms: Approach lights; Slant range
- Subject Areas: Aviation; Pavements; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00093282
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-ER-450-042b
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM