CRASH HELMETS FOR MOPED RIDERS
Research has been done on the requirements of crash helmets for moped drivers, not only in relation to their protective role but also to their comfort. After a description of the group of moped drivers, the dangers facing them are outlined. The number and nature of their injuries and the effect of wearing a helmet are given. The ownership and the use of helmets by moped drivers & their attitude to wearing these helmets when they are required by law is a main part of this study, as are the methods for testing crash helmets for moped drivers. Finally, advice is given for the buying and wearing of crash helmets.
The Hague, Netherlands 2594 AW
- Publication Date: 1975
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Comfort; Design; Head; Helmets; Injuries; Legislation; Moped drivers; Motorcyclists; Prevention; Protection; Protective clothing; Testing; Tests; Utilization
- Uncontrolled Terms: Use
- ITRD Terms: 2267: Attitude (psychol); 9138: Comfort; 1687: Crash helmet; 9011: Design (overall design); 9027: Head; 2163: Injury; 1556: Legislation; 1752: Motorcyclist; 9149: Prevention; 6255: Test; 9084: Use
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; I84: Personal Injuries;
- Accession Number: 00127981
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Institute for Road Safety Research, SWOV
- Report/Paper Numbers: R&D Rept., HS-017 431
- Files: HSL, ITRD, TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 7 1976 12:00AM