MARITIME GAS-COOLED REACTOR PROGRAM. SAFEGUARDS REPORT FOR THE MGCR CRITICAL EXPERIMENT
Topics discussed include: population density studies for the La Jolla and San Diego areas; the description of the critical assembly; graphite configuration for the critical assembly; description of the magnet and rod contact interlock and lower-limit interlock; description of core restricting channels and angle bracing; arrangement of fuel channels and configuration of fuel elements; schematic diagram of electronic monitor and safety channels; schematic diagram of relay system; airborne activities analysis; and inhalation dose plots for various distances from the reactor site.
General DynamicsQuincy, MA United States 02169
- Levine, S H
- Goodjohn, A J
- Publication Date: 1960-10-3
- Pagination: 31 p.
- TRT Terms: Control systems; Nuclear reactors; Radiation doses; Reactor fuel cycle; Safety
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear fuel cycles; Nuclear reactor control systems; Nuclear reactor safety; Radiological safety
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00026321
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-187
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM