NS SAVANNAH FUEL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. CORE 2 FUEL ASSEMBLIES NOS. 4 AND 5
Fuel assemblies #4 and #5, which are included in the N.S. Savannah Core 2 Fuel Irradiation Program, were modified to increase the experimental variables originally planned. In order to obtain as much information as possible from the irradiation of these assemblies the corner rods of Savannah 2-4 and -5 were opened, special pellets inserted, and a device for measuring the axial expansion of the fuel column into the plenum was incorporated. Hardware changes were necessary at this time. Segment assembly and final assembly are discussed.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3376-Add.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA USA 01910
- Mangrum Jr, E
- Megerth, F H
- Publication Date: 1960-9-1
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; Tables;
- Pagination: 20 p.
- TRT Terms: Fuel systems; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026319
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: GEAP-3376(Addendum)
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM