FIELD SUPERVISORS DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES. VOLUME 1, CONTRACT ROADWORKS
This publication which is intended to help those responsible for the supervision of roadworks carried out by contract, covers general aspects, details of sampling, testing and site tests, and provides an inspection guide. The general aspects briefly reviewed here include public relations, documents and records, preliminary works, order of work, materials, emergencies, contract payments and cleaning up. Abbreviated instructions(must be supplemented by instructions from the engineer) are set forth for sampling materials encountered in roadworks. These materials include soils and pavement materials, tars and bituminous materials, precast concrete drainage structures, concrete constituents, concrete mix, paint, and the dispatch of samples. Aggregate tests and concrete tests are detailed and matters for inspection are listed. The latter include provision for traffic, protection of the public and property, safe construction practices, access to and security of abutting properties, public utilities, setting out, earthworks, drainage, pavements, surfacing, roadside furniture, and closing of works.
National Association of Australian State Road AuthP.O. Box J141
Brickfield Hill, New South Wales 2000, Australia
- Publication Date: 1975-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 24 p.
- TRT Terms: Aggregates; Bituminous materials; Building materials; Concrete tests; Construction management; Contracts; Drainage; Inspection; Materials tests; Precast concrete; Public relations; Records management; Road construction; Sampling; Signal to noise ratio; Testing
- Uncontrolled Terms: Aggregate testing; Records; Site investigation
- Subject Areas: Administration and Management; Construction; Finance; Geotechnology; Highways; Hydraulics and Hydrology; Materials;
- Accession Number: 00127929
- Record Type: Publication
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Apr 21 1976 12:00AM