TEST AND EVALUATION OF WIRE-WOUND TACTICAL AIR NAVIGATION AID (TACAN) HEATED RADOMES WITH WEATHER SENSORS
The report covers preliminary field evaluation at the Newberg, Oregon, Very High Frequency Omnirange Tactical Air Navigation Aid (VORTAC) of an engineering model wire-wound Tactical Air (TACAN) radome and weather-sensing system. The evaluation was to determine the feasibility of the weather sensors and the wire-wound radome in preventing snow and/or ice buildup.
NATIONAL AVIATION FACILITIES EXPERIMENTAL CENTERATLANTIC CITY, NJ USA
- Postel, H
- Publication Date: 1975-9
- Pagination: 78 p.
- TRT Terms: Antennas; Detectors; Field tests; Heating; Heating equipment; Performance; Radomes; Tactical air navigation system; Weather
- Old TRIS Terms: Heating coils; Performance engineering
- Subject Areas: Construction;
- Accession Number: 00093252
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FAA-NA-74-45 Intrm Rpt., FAA-RD-75-96
- Files: NTIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM