HARBOR OF REFUGE SITE REPORT
A summary of environmental data of Harbor of Refuge, located offshore of Cape Henlopen, Delaware, which may be used by the N.S. Savannah as an operating base during sea trials and for selected propulsion plant demonstration during phase V is presented. The test and trial program and waste management are briefly reviewed. Site characteristics including physical description, population, meteorlogical summary, public water supplies, marine food resources, and agriculture are discussed. Disadvantages of this site are also considered. This report considers the more significant consequences of the maximum credible accident as it affects the environment of this site.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MA-SR-2.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1960-5
- Features: References; Tables;
- Pagination: 17 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbors; Nuclear powered ships; Port operations; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor facilities; Harbor operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026317
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: MA-SR-2
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM