SLURRY SEAL SURFACE TREATMENTS
This report was prepared to aid the facilities engineer in prescribing and constructing slurry seals. The report identifies the potential areas of slurry seals application and discusses material requirements, field construction processes, and techniques to assist the facilities engineer in placing good quality slurry seals. A summary of a recommended laboratory design method for proportioning the materials of the slurry seal mixture and a modified version of construction guide specification CE-807.23 for emulsified asphalt slurry seal surface treatments are also presented herein.
U.S. Army Waterways Experiment Station3909 Halls Ferry Road
Vicksburg, MS USA 39180-6199
- Godwin, L N
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 64 p.
- TRT Terms: Asphalt; Concrete finishing; Construction management; Design; Emulsified asphalt; Pavements; Proportioning; Quality control; Seal coats; Sealing compounds; Slurry seals; Specifications; Surface treating
- Uncontrolled Terms: Quality
- Old TRIS Terms: Placing; Slurry coating
- Subject Areas: Construction; Design; Geotechnology; Highways; Materials; Pavements;
- Accession Number: 00093223
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AEWES-Instr-S-75-1 Final Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM