YORK RIVER SITE REPORT
A summary of environmental data on York River, located in southeastern Virginia, under consideration as a site for the N.S. Savannah as an operating base during sea trials, is presented. Sea trials and waste disposal are briefly reviewed. Site characteristics studied include a physical description, population density, meteorological summary, water supplies, marine food resources, and agriculture. Disadvantages of this site were considered. This report considers the more significant consequences of the maximum credible accident as it affects the environment of this site.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number MA-SR-1.
Maritime Administration1200 New Jersey Avenue, SE
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1960-5
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Photos; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Harbors; Nuclear powered ships; Port operations; Surveys
- Old TRIS Terms: Harbor facilities; Harbor operations
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00026316
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM