CORE NUCLEAR CALCULATIONS ON PRELIMINARY CORE DESIGN FOR 30,000 SHP TANKER APPLICATION
The economic and technical evaluation of a preliminary, newly designed nuclear core for 30,000 SHP tanker application is presented. The preliminary core, description of control schemes, description of a reshuffle scheme, and fuel costs for the first three core life cycles are discussed. Results and parameters of nuclear calculations are also discussed.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number B-3-C.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- Paulson, A E
- Publication Date: 1960-10
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 19 p.
- TRT Terms: Economics; Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Tankers; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Ship design
- Subject Areas: Design; Economics; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026314
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT (30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 11 1973 12:00AM