VEHICLE AVERAGE USEFUL LIFE STUDY FOR TRUCK, 5 TON, 6X6, M39A2 SERIES
An assessment of the useful life of Truck, 5 Ton, 6x6, M39A2 Series has been made. The M39A2 series trucks studied were the M52A2 Tractor, the M54A2 Cargo Truck and the M51A2 Dump Truck. Factors included in the study were: (1) cost of vehicle maintenance as a function of accumulated mileage and (2) performance of the vehicle (Reliability, Availability, and Maintainability) as a function of accumulated mileage. It is shown that by an analysis of the cost and performance characteristics of the truck, the planned replacement life of the truck can be extended resulting in substantial cost savings to the Army.
Army Materiel Systems Analysis AgencyAberdeen Proving Ground
Aberdeen, MD United States
- BELL, R
- Mioduski, R
- Belbot, E
- Publication Date: 1975-6
- Pagination: 70 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; Costs; Dump trucks; Maintainability; Maintenance; Maintenance management; Performance; Reliability; Service life; Tractor trailer combinations; Trucks; Vehicle performance
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Maintenance costs; Mileage
- Old TRIS Terms: Performance engineering; Truck performance
- Subject Areas: Design; Finance; Highways; Maintenance and Preservation; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00093169
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: AMSAA-TR-128 Tech. Rpt.
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM