PRELIMINARY MINERAL EVALUATION OF LIGHT DENSITY LINES NOT INCLUDED IN CONRAIL. PART I
On April 3, 1975, the Eastern Field Operation Center of the Bureau of Mines was directed to evaluate the United States Railway Association's Preliminary System Plan with regard to the impact that the Plan would have on minerals. The three reports represent the Bureau's preliminary evaluation of the impact that the loss of service on specified lines would have on mineral operations and mineral production potential. Part 1 gives information on rail lines and minerals operations in Illinois, Indiana, and Michigan.
- Open File Report. Paper copy also available in set of 3 reports as PB-244 168-SET, PC$14.00.
Bureau of MinesEastern Field Operation Center
Pittsburgh, PA United States 15213
- Publication Date: 1975-5-27
- Pagination: 111 p.
- TRT Terms: Abandonment; Branch lines; Coal; Coal industry; Economic analysis; Economic impacts; Forecasting; Freight traffic; Freight transportation; Minerals; Mining and extractive industries; Productivity; Railroad transportation; Railroads; Traffic forecasting
- Identifier Terms: Conrail
- Uncontrolled Terms: Mineral industries
- Geographic Terms: Illinois; Indiana; Michigan
- Old TRIS Terms: Mineral traffic
- Subject Areas: Economics; Freight Transportation; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00093143
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: BuMines-OFR-62(1)-75
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM