SEALED VALVES STUDY. FINAL REPORT
This report is based on data obtained from a review whose purpose is the recommendation of specific areas where the present valves in a number of the auxiliary piping systems may be replaced by a limited number of sealed valves. The information provides additional reliability or assurance of proper operation and minimal maintenance, a specification which may be used to procure an assortment of valves for replacement use in critical areas recommended in the foregoing, and recommends vendors, lead time and approximate cost for purchase. The report concludes that valves within the containment vessel and particularly those isolating the primary system should be seriously considered for replacement with a sealed valve, and a list of valves in order of priority for replacement is provided.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-SUP-12.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1960-5-10
- Features: Appendices;
- Pagination: 18 p.
- TRT Terms: Design; Equipment maintenance; Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactors; Piping systems
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor design; Nuclear reactor maintenance
- Subject Areas: Design; Maintenance and Preservation; Marine Transportation; Materials; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026309
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-SUP-12
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM