FREIGHT CAR TRUCK DESIGN OPTIMIZATION PROJECT. DETAILED TEST PLANS FOR SERIES 4
This document presents the detailed test plans for Series 4 Tests of Phase I of the Truck Design Optimization Project. It is a continuation of a previous report presenting the introduction and the detailed test plans for Series 1, 2, and 3 Tests, for Phase I of the same project. It describes the modifications to the trucks to be made prior to testing and lists the instrumentation to be used and the sequence of testing. The reader is referred to the previous document for details of the instrumentation and the data analysis.
- This study was sponsored by Federal Railroad Administration, DOT. This report is a prerequisite to the report Freight Car Truck Design Optimization, Introduction and Detailed Test Plans - Series 1,2 and 3.
Southern Pacific Transportation Company1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA United States 94105
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Publication Date: 1975-8
- Features: Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 23 p.
- TRT Terms: Bearings; Car trucks (Railroads); Development; Elastomers; Friction; Hydraulics; Plates (Engineering); Research; Snubbers; Suspension systems; Tests; Trucks; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Center plates; Elastomeric adapter mountings; Side bearings
- Subject Areas: Design; Motor Carriers; Railroads; Research; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127844
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Federal Railroad Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: FRA OR&D 75-60 Intrm Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT FR 40023
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Dec 29 1976 12:00AM