SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTION B006E, SILVER SPRING STATION, GLENMONT ROUTE
Results are presented of six tests boring made at the locations of pier foundations for Colesville Road Bridge and the Silver Spring Station structure in Section B006e at the intersection of Colesville Road and Glenmont Route in northwest Washington, D.C., of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro System. The purpose of the work was to evaluate subsurface conditions at the locations of a group of pier foundations to determine the need for pile support or the suitability of spread footings. The report contains logs of the test boring, results of laboratory strength test on 2-inch Shelbytube samples, geological sections along the lines of the bridge piers and comments regarding foundation conditions.
- Prepared in cooperation with Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority, Washington, D.C., and De Leuw, Cather and Co., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY United States
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC United States 20006
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1975-7-31
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: Boreholes; Bridge foundations; Bridge piers; Excavation and tunneling; Footings; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Piles (Supports); Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Borehole loggings; Geologic sections; Pier foundation; Pile footing; Pile support; Subsurface explorations; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00093091
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-137, #13
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1981 12:00AM