METHODS TESTING EXPERIMENTS WITH 4% MARTY FUEL
Material is presented on experiments performed to determine the adequacy of methods to be applied in zero power testing of N.S. Savannah Core 1. These tests were performed in a 32 can Marty core with 4% enriched fuel. Included in the experiments were tests of control rod drives, manganese alloy wire as a flux detector, heterogeneous position holddown methods, methods of measuring holddown power of control rods and improved water heating methods. Much of the experimental work was devoted to established limitations and effectiveness of the equipment rather than to absolute measurements.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1205.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA United States 24504
- MacKinney, A L
- Ball, R M
- Publication Date: 1960-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 28 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear powered ships; Nuclear reactor cores; Test procedures; Tests
- Old TRIS Terms: Test evaluation
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026307
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1205
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-3)-274
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: May 4 1973 12:00AM