HUMAN FACTORS ANALYSIS OF THE DIESEL - ELECTRIC LOCOMOTIVE CAB
Using information collected over 6 1/2 years, a human factors analysis was completed of the diesel-electric locomotive cab. The analysis was directed towards displays, control design and arrangement, and environmental quality. Nineteen recommendations were provided for the modification of existing cabs and the design of new cabs to enable future locomotive crews to work more efficiently and safely in a more comfortable work environment.
- This article was published in Human Factors, Vol 17, No. 2, pp 149-156,1 Figure, April 1975.
Rice UniversityHouston, TX United States 77005
- Gamst, F C
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Cabs (Vehicle compartments); Control devices; Design; Human factors; Locomotives; Safety; Vehicle design; Working conditions
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive controls; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00127832
- Record Type: Publication
- Contract Numbers: NSF GS 3040, NIMH MH 21783
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 29 1976 12:00AM