SUBSURFACE INVESTIGATION, SECTIONS E003 TO E005, GREENBELT ROUTE
Results are presented of 75 test boring made to study Alternatives 'A', 'B' and 'C' from Columbia Heights Station location near the intersection of 14th Street and Columbia Road N.W., extending northeast 3.5 miles to the District boundary of the Washington Metropolitan Area Metro system. The purpose of the exploration was to provide information for general plans studies relating to these several alternatives, which chiefly involve mined earth tunnels. The report contains logs of the test borings, results of laboratory tests on undisturbed samples, a continuous geological section along the line of METRO trackage for the various alternatives and comments regarding anticipated design and construction problems.
- Revision of report dated 26 Jun 75. Prepared in cooperation with De Leuw, Cather and Co., Inc., Washington, D.C.
Mueser, Rutledge, Wentworth & JohnstonNew York, NY USA
Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority950 l'Enfant Plaza, SW
Washington, DC USA 20006
De Leuw, Cather and CompanyL'Enfant Plaza North Building
Washington, DC USA
- Publication Date: 1975-8-14
- Pagination: 145 p.
- TRT Terms: Boreholes; Excavation and tunneling; Foundations; General surface features of the earth; Geological surveying; Laboratory tests; Rock mechanics; Routes; Subways; Transportation planning; Underground structures
- Non-Preferred Terms: Soil surveying; Subsurface investigations
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Borehole loggings; Geologic sections; Subsurface explorations; Subway planning; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Construction; Geotechnology; Highways; Public Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00093082
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: MRWJ-75-134
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1981 12:00AM