HIGHWAY METRICATION. VOLUME 2. APPENDIXES
The study purpose is to identify various problems which are likely to arise during highway metrication and to prepare a detailed plan for research aimed at solving conversion problems. Investigations reveal a need for an early selection of the metric units to be used, the vital importance of early metrication of specifications and standards, and the absolute necessity of coordination of metrication activities on the national level. This volume contains appendixes to the material presented in Volume 1. These include a general bibliography, an annotated bibliography, lists of organizations contacted through written correspondence, summaries of interviews conducted by the research team, and selected plan pages for the Ohio Department of Transportation's Metric Project 3 (PER-188-3.84).
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-245 226-SET, PC$15.00.
Columbus, OH USA 43215
Washington, DC USA 20590
- Meacham, D G
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 175 p.
- TRT Terms: Coordination; Highway planning; Highway transportation; Highways; Metric system; Problem solving; Specifications; Standards; Systems of measurement; Traffic engineering
- Uncontrolled Terms: Conversion
- Subject Areas: Highways; Research;
- Accession Number: 00093025
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 69 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: DOT-FH-11-8309
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 18 1976 12:00AM