RECOMMENDATIONS FOR RESEARCH ON UNSAFE TARGET DRIVING BEHAVIORS AND SAFE DRIVING CONFORMANCE COUNTERMEASURE APPROACHES
The report presents the research requirements for the development of a safe driving conformance program. The information needs and current state of knowledge with respect to a safe driving conformance program were presented in an earlier report. The development of such a program requires information in two major areas: target driving behaviors and countermeasures. The research requirements presented are designed to complete the information requirements identified in the previous report for developing, testing, and implementing innovative safe driving conformance initiatives. The research program recommended consists of seven research modules, each dealing with a separate area of inquiry defined by similarity of information content and efficiency of accomplishment within a single research project. Research modules are presented for the areas of: Target Driving Behaviors; Citizen Participation; Detection; Drivers and Risk Taking; Traffic Law System; Social Conformance Countermeasures; and Experimental Studies.
- See also PB-245 038.
Human Sciences Research IncorporatedWestgate Industrial Park
McLean, VA United States 22101
Washington, DC United States 20590
- Worrall, J W
- Heitt, R L
- Publication Date: 1975-7
- Features: Figures; References; Tables;
- Pagination: 8 p.
- TRT Terms: Attitudes; Behavior; Countermeasures; Crash injury research; Crash investigation; Crashes; Detection and identification; Detectors; Drivers; Experiments; Hazards; Law enforcement; Performance; Performance measurement; Prevention; Programming (Planning); Public participation; Research; Risk assessment; Safety; Social factors; Traffic regulations; Traffic safety
- Uncontrolled Terms: Traffic laws
- Subject Areas: Highways; Law; Research; Safety and Human Factors; Security and Emergencies; Society;
- Accession Number: 00093010
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: HSR-RR-75/4-We Final Rpt., DOT-HS-801-643
- Contract Numbers: DOT-HS-4-00988
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 18 1976 12:00AM