FREEWAY DESIGN AND CONTROL STRATEGIES AS AFFECTED BY TRUCKS AND TRAFFIC REGULATIONS. VOLUME I. TECHNICAL REPORT
A detailed simulation of multilane highway flows on grades was developed. Using data collected on mountain grades, the simulation is improved and further validated. The simulation model is applied to flows of mixed commercial and passenger vehicles on grades and level terrain. The results are codified and presented as design guides for two and three lanes (one-way) upgrade roadways. This is one of two volumes and contains a description of the simulation model, all the validation results, all the field data collected for validation, and the complete set of design guides.
- See also PB-245 034.
Midwest Research Institute425 Volker Boulevard
Kansas City, MO USA 64110-2299
Washington, DC USA 20590
- St John, A D
- Kobett, D
- Glauz, W
- SOMMERVILLE, D
- Harwood, D
- Publication Date: 1975-4
- Pagination: 196 p.
- TRT Terms: Automobiles; Climbing lanes; Design; Divided highways; Freeways; Highway design; Highway grades; Mountains; Passenger vehicles; Simulation; Slopes; Traffic engineering; Traffic flow; Traffic models; Trucks; Upgrades (Roads)
- Old TRIS Terms: Design data; Freeway design; Road grades; Upgrade
- Subject Areas: Design; Highways; Motor Carriers; Operations and Traffic Management;
- Accession Number: 00093006
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: FHWA-RD-75- 42 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: FH-11-7739
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Nov 18 1976 12:00AM