IMPLEMENTATION OF PILE GROUP STUDIES: PILE LOADS AND LATERAL STABILITY OF PILES IN PILE GROUPS AND EFFECTS OF PILE CAP ON LATERAL CAPACITY OF PILE GROUPS
The results of the studies on lateral capacities of piles and pile group foundations (1968 to 1973) have been implemented for design practices in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The implementation consists of design charts for pile foundations, existing data available from the literature on the soil parameter to be used with the design charts, data from all existing full-scale pile tests (lateral load), changes in 'Design Manual Part 4 - Structures' of Penn. Department of Transportation, and two computer programs - optimization of design and general analysis of pile group foundations.
- Prepared in cooperation with Pennsylvania Dept. of Transportation, Harrisburg.
Bucknell UniversityDepartment of Civil and Environmental Engineering
Lewisburg, PA United States 17837
Harrisburg, PA United States 17120
- Kim, J B
- Currato, P J
- Hollings, W H
- Publication Date: 1975-9-25
- Pagination: 42 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Design; Dynamics; Earth pressure; Loads; Manuals; Optimization; Pile caps; Pile foundations; Pile groups; Piles (Supports); Soils; Stability (Mechanics); Structural design; Structural tests
- Uncontrolled Terms: Lateral pressure; Soil dynamics
- Geographic Terms: Pennsylvania
- Old TRIS Terms: Design data; Pile design; Pile lateral loads; Pile structures; Pile tests
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Design; Geotechnology; Highways;
- Accession Number: 00092995
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Files: NTIS, TRIS, STATEDOT
- Created Date: Nov 18 1976 12:00AM