NS SAVANNAH FUEL DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM. REFUELING TESTS, PART 2
Observations, measurements, and recommendations pertinent to the N.S. Savannah Core 2 fuel assembly are a result of refueling tests of prototype fuel assemblies, reactor internals, and related equipment. Tests were made to determine sub-assembly integration of manufactured items in the Savannah reactor. Following initial fuel assembly inspection, the fuel bundle and upper transition assembly were placed in each of the 32 fuel containers to ascertain dimension variances. Refueling tests determined the compatibility of the fuel assembly with handling equipment and procedures. Equipment change recommendations are given for the fuel bundle, transition assembly, and control rod guide blocks.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number GEAP-3446.
General ElectricMarine Turbine & Gear Engineer, 1100 Western Ave
Lynn, MA United States 01910
- Shields, C M
- Publication Date: 1960-3-23
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 56 p.
- Issue Number: 3446
- TRT Terms: Fuel elements; Nuclear fuels; Nuclear powered ships; Refueling
- Old TRIS Terms: Nuclear reactor fuel elements
- Subject Areas: Energy; Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026298
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Contract Numbers: AT(04-3)-189
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM