MEDIUM DUTY VEHICLE EMISSION CONTROL COST EFFECTIVENESS COMPARISONS. VOLUME I. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
This report, presents the results of a comparative analysis of the cost effectiveness of medium-duty vehicle. Volume I, presents a concise review of important findings and conclusions in the Highlights and Executive Summary sections. It compares emission control cost factors (expressed as dollars expended per ton of pollutant removed) of medium duty vehicles (MDVs--6000 to 14000-lb GVW), light duty vehicles (LDVs--less than 6000-lb GVW), heavy duty vehicles (HDVs--greater than 14000-lb GVW), utility power plants, and a number of other stationary sources. Mobile source emission inventories were calculated for the New York City, Los Angeles, and Phoenix-Tucson Air Quality Control Regions. The results indicate that, in the mobile source area, emission control cost factors ($/ton) in general decrease in numerical value as the vehicle weight increases. This same size effect was noted in stationary source cost factor comparisons, where the cost factors decreased in numerical value as the system size (or flow rate of the product being controlled) increased.
- Paper copy also available in set of 2 reports as PB-242 245-SET, PC$11.00.
Aerospace CorporationUrban Programs Division
El Sequndo, CA United States
Motor Carrier Lawyers AssociationEmission Control Technology Division
Ann Arbor, MI United States
- HINTON, M G
- MELTZER, J
- IURA, T
- Drake, J A
- FORREST, L
- Publication Date: 1974-1
- Pagination: 57 p.
- TRT Terms: Air quality management; Alternatives analysis; Automobiles; Carbon monoxide; Cost effectiveness; Cost estimating; Costs; Electric power plants; Equipment; Estimates; Exhaust gases; Hydrocarbons; Nitric oxide; Nitrogen oxides; Operating costs; Trucks; Vehicles; Weight
- Old TRIS Terms: Air pollution control devices; Capitalized costs
- Subject Areas: Finance; Highways; Motor Carriers; Safety and Human Factors; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00092830
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: ATR-74(7327)-1-Vol-1, EPA/460/3-74-004-a
- Contract Numbers: EPA-68-01-0417
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM