SAVANNAH UPGRADING PROGRAM AUGMENTATION EFFORT
The current status of the N.S. Savannah nuclear power plant is reviewed and recommendations are offered for spare parts and components that would provide added security. Components and parts are tabulated and identified in sufficient detail to enable rapid comparison with the spare parts for the procurement program, or to enable independent procurement of the components. The method of tabulation is explained before each section of the report. System tabulation sheets and recommended vital spares are given for: the non-nuclear instrumentation system; nuclear instrumentation and safety system; reactor control system; primary, auxiliary, and associated reactor systems; electrical system; refueling equipment; and control rod drive system. No attempt was made to tabulate the specific failures to which a component might be subject or the consequences of a failure on the reactor system.
- This document is available for review at the Department of Commerce Library, Main Commerce Building, Washington, D.C., under reference number BAW-1195.
Babcock and Wilcox CompanyAtomic Energy Division
Lynchburg, VA USA 24504
- Publication Date: 1960-4-1
- Features: Tables;
- Pagination: 195 p.
- TRT Terms: Nuclear power; Nuclear powered ships; Production control; Reliability; Spare parts
- Subject Areas: Marine Transportation; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00026288
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Report/Paper Numbers: BAW-1195
- Contract Numbers: AT(30-1)-2468
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Apr 13 1973 12:00AM