TECHNICAL REPORT ON THE MID-CITY ALTERNATIVE RAIL LINE LOCATION
The study examines the impact on ridership and revenues of an alternative mid-city alignment of the Greenbelt line of Metro's Adopted Regional System (ARS). The change in alignment involves the substitution of three stations on the proposed alignment under consideration as opposed to two stations on the original route. Two alternatives are studied in the report. First, the realignment of the mid-city portion of the Greenbelt Route from the Gallery Place Station to Columbia Heights is examined; second, this same realignment is considered along with the elimination of the Petworth Station. The report identifies changes that might result in ridership and revenue under each of the alternatives and their impact on WMATA's system-wide projections of ridership and revenue for the year 1990.
- See also PB-184237. Prepared by Voorhees (Alan M.) and Associates, Inc., McLean, Va., Rept. no. AMV-R-20-1004(905), and Gilman (W. C.) and Co., Inc., McLean, Va.
Washington Metro Area Transit CommissionWashington, DC United States
Voorhees (Alan M) and Associates, IncorporatedCambridge, MA United States
Gilman (WC) and Company IncorporatedMcLean, VA United States 22101
- Publication Date: 1969-6
- Pagination: 25 p.
- TRT Terms: City planning; Lines of track; Location; Passengers; Railroad stations; Rapid transit; Revenues; Routes; Routing; Subways; Transit riders; Transportation planning; Travel demand; Urban transportation
- Identifier Terms: Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority
- Geographic Terms: Washington (District of Columbia)
- Old TRIS Terms: Line location; Subway railways
- Subject Areas: Finance; Operations and Traffic Management; Passenger Transportation; Public Transportation; Railroads; Terminals and Facilities;
- Accession Number: 00092813
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: WMATA-75/20
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1975 12:00AM