UNITIZATION IN MARITIME TRANSPORTATION
This is a selective bibliography of studies and articles on unitization of maritime general cargo, with emphasis on items of a quantitative nature. Entries are listed under eight categories: Principles and Analyses of Unitized Operations; Descriptions of Unitized Operations; Design, Types, and Sizes of Containers and Pallets; Ship Design; Port Facilities; Transfer Devices and Systems; Rail and Truck Unitized Services; and Miscellaneous. Each entry includes a brief summary of content. Only English Language, unclassified and generally available references are included. (This publication supersedes Publication 558, published in 1957.)
- An Annotated Bibliography, publication 795, was published in 1960.
National Academy of SciencesMaritime Cargo Transportation Conference
Washington, DC United States 20418
- Publication Date: 1960
- Pagination: 43 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Cargo handling; Unitized cargo
- Subject Areas: Data and Information Technology; Freight Transportation; Marine Transportation;
- Accession Number: 00026287
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Maritime Administration
- Files: TRIS, USDOT
- Created Date: Feb 14 1973 12:00AM