PROCEEDINGS OF CONFERENCE ON TRACK/TRAIN DYNAMICS INTERACTION. VOLUME 1
The problems caused by track/train dynamics manifest themselves in a variety of ways. Regardless of how, the manifestations are extremely costly to the industry and must be solved. To provide interim solutions and to clarify those areas that should receive the greatest attention in the research effort on track/train dynamics, the AAR sponsored a conference on the subject. This is the first of two volumes. Subjects covered in this volume include: Interaction Mechanics; Train Operations and Control; Analytical and Experimental Techniques; Performance of Freight Car Component Systems.
- Requests for this publication should be directed to J.G. Britton, Director of Operations, AAR. See also Volume 2, RRIS #1277170 Price for 2 Volume set is $6.00 Conference held Dec. 15 & 16, 1971 in Chicago.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1971-12
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 449 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Dynamic tests; Freight cars; Planning; Research; Testing; Train operations; Train track dynamics
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Freight car component performance; Operating strategies; Train performance
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00127716
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-R190
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 16 1976 12:00AM