TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS. GUIDELINES FOR: TRAIN HANDLING, TRAIN MAKEUP, TRACK & STRUCTURES, ENGINEER EDUCATION
This manual was prepared as an immediate aid in improving freight train performance. It has five sections: Definitions and Functions of Equipment; Train Handling; Train Makeup; Track and Structure; Engineer Education. These results are based on parametric study using validated analytical models.
- A Government-Industry Research Program on Track Train Dynamics. Requests for this publication should be directed to J.G. Britton, Director of Operations, AAR. This is a 2 volume set.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1973
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 33 p.
- TRT Terms: Braking performance; Bridges; Curves (Geometry); High capacity cars; Locomotive engineers; Locomotive operation; Planning; Railroad tracks; Railroad trains; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Training
- Old TRIS Terms: Locomotive engineer's tasks; Track structures; Train planning
- Subject Areas: Bridges and other structures; Education and Training; Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Vehicles and Equipment;
- Accession Number: 00127715
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-R153
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM