PROPOSED NATIONAL RESEARCH PROGRAM ON TRACK-TRAIN DYNAMICS
A study by Southern Pacific showed the need for a study utilizing advanced technology for a systems approach to the total matter of interaction of current-day trains and the track with the objectives of improving railroad transportation reliability, safety and efficiency. This report details the plans for a National Research Program on Track-Train Dynamics with the objective of developing a better understanding of the dynamic relationships between the moving train and fixed quideway on which it operates. This is the final report indicating the three general phases and a detailed plan for Phase I indicating manpower requirements, resources and costs. The Appendices appear in a separate volume.
- This study was prepared for the Association of American Railroads. Requests for this publication should be directed to J.G. Britton, Director of Operations, AAR. This is a 2 volume set.
Southern Pacific Transportation Company1 Market Street
San Francisco, CA USA 94105
- Publication Date: 1972-3-31
- Pagination: 59 p.
- TRT Terms: Development; Dynamic tests; Planning; Reliability; Research; Safety; Train track dynamics
- Identifier Terms: Southern Pacific Railroad
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Research and development
- Subject Areas: Planning and Forecasting; Railroads; Research; Safety and Human Factors;
- Accession Number: 00127713
- Record Type: Publication
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-R189
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM