HARMONIC ROLL SERIES: FREIGHT CAR MODELS, DESIGN PARAMETER STUDY: FREIGHT CAR SIMULATION SERIES. VOLUME 3
To present the findings related to the primary objectives of Task 13, it was decided to present a series of harmonic roll related documents to the industry to be used as reference material in a similar manner to that of the Track-Train Dynamics Bibliography. The document presents technical information about computerized mathematical models used to simulate the dynamic response of freight cars to various operating conditions. Particular emphasis is placed on studying changes in certain basic freight car design parameters and how these changes affect the dynamic response. It is hoped that this information will be used as guidelines by the AAR Mechanical Division for establishing car design specifications and setting maintenance standards that insure the dynamic stability of freight cars.
- An International Government - Industry Research Program on Train-Track Dynamics. Requests for this publication should be directed to J.G. Britton, Director of Operations, AAR.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Appendices; Figures; Tables;
- Pagination: 98 p.
- TRT Terms: Computer programs; Design; Dynamic tests; Mathematical models; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Design criteria; Dynamic analysis
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design
- Subject Areas: Design; Railroads;
- Accession Number: 00127710
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR-R174
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1976 12:00AM