TRACK TRAIN DYNAMICS: PHASE I
More than 15,000 man days of effort have gone into completion of the first of three phases of an international government/industry effort scheduled to extend over ten years aimed at achieving equipment designs less prone to failure than existing units and at operating all equipment more safely. The Association of American Railroads, Federal Railroad Administration, Railway Progress Institute and the Transportation Development Agency of Canada have all funded and participated in the work. Phase I has consisted of 13 Tasks which are described. The three basic efforts in this phase consisted of administration and planning; information gathering; and analysis.
- An International Government - Industry Research Program on Track-Train Dynamics. Requests for this Publication should be directed to J.G. Britton, Director of Operations, AAR.
Association of American Railroads50 F Street, NW
Washington, DC USA 20001-1564
- Publication Date: 1975
- Features: Figures;
- Pagination: 170 p.
- TRT Terms: Bibliographies; Data collection; Development; Dynamic tests; Locomotives; Mathematical models; Research; Train operations; Train track dynamics; Training; Vehicle design
- Uncontrolled Terms: Dynamic analysis; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Car design; Locomotive design
- Subject Areas: Design; Education and Training; Railroads; Research;
- Accession Number: 00127707
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: Association of American Railroads
- Report/Paper Numbers: AAR R-180
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Dec 3 1975 12:00AM