FEDERALLY SUPPORTED MATHEMATICAL MODELS: SURVEY AND ANALYSIS
The study attempts to examine the extent and the ways in which federal agencies use models. In Part I the results of extensive survey of Federal agencies are analyzed and conclusions drawn. The report recommends that in order for the potential of modeling and other rigorous analytical techniques to be realized, improvements must be made in the availability of data, in procedures used to fund and monitor research, and in information flows between model builders and policy makers. In the second part, the projects are listed alphabetically by Project Director, institution, sponsoring agency, and subject area. Part III contains the appendices to the study: The project director questionnaire; the agency monitor questionnaire; and the tables compiled for the study.
- Supersedes reports PB-241 562, PB-241 563 and PB-241 564. Prepared in cooperation with Abt Associates, Inc., Cambridge, Mass.
Data Resources, Incorporated29 Hartwell Avenue
Lexington, MA United States 02173
National Science FoundationAdvanced Productivity Research and Technology Division
Washington, DC United States 20550
ABT Associates, Incorporated55 Wheeler Street
Cambridge, MA United States 02138
- FROMM, G
- Hamilton, W L
- Hamilton, D E
- Publication Date: 1974-6
- Pagination: 303 p.
- TRT Terms: Analysis; City planning; Computer programming; Computer programs; Costs; Development; Documents; Economics; Environmental impacts; Environmental quality; Federal assistance programs; Federal government; Forecasting; Governments; Health; Mathematical models; Planning; Policy; Research; Simulation; Sociology; Stochastic processes; Systems analysis; Transportation; Utilization; Water resources
- Uncontrolled Terms: Cost analysis; Documentation; Federal programs; Research and development
- Old TRIS Terms: Federal policies; Government planning
- Subject Areas: Economics; Environment; Planning and Forecasting; Policy; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092766
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: NSF/RA/S-74-029 Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: NSF-C804
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM