NON-EMERGENCY MEDICAL TRANSPORTATION SERVICES
The project was intended to demonstrate, over a period from July 1, 1973 to December 31, 1973, that (1) the ability to make immediate payment at the local level for transportation services for non-emergency medical care more effectively meets the needs of the eligible group than processing payment claims centrally, and (2) a flexible program for such payments can be administered within fiscal limitations. During the six month period a demonstration program offering an immediate vendor payment system in lieu of claims processing was established for all title XIX (Medicaid) recipients in eight of Kentucky's 120 counties. In January 1974 a statewide expansion of the project was instituted.
Kentucky Department of Economic SecurityFrankfurt, KY United States
Social and Rehabilitation ServiceWashington, DC United States
- Publication Date: 1974-2
- Pagination: 7 p.
- TRT Terms: Expenses; Finance; Insurance claims; Loss and damage claims; Medical services; Patients; Payment; Transportation
- Uncontrolled Terms: Financial management
- Geographic Terms: Kentucky
- Subject Areas: Finance; Research; Transportation (General);
- Accession Number: 00092763
- Record Type: Publication
- Source Agency: National Technical Information Service
- Report/Paper Numbers: Final Rpt.
- Contract Numbers: SRS-11-20443
- Files: TRIS
- Created Date: Nov 5 1976 12:00AM